On Monday, dozens of Kids4Peace community members marked the International Day of Peace by wearing our K4P t-shirts and polos to school and work.
Putting on a T-Shirt may seem like an small and easy thing.
But it’s actually a huge act of courage.
- To declare in public that you are on the side of peace
- To show that you meet the “other side”
- To step outside the safe community of K4P
- To risk harsh criticism from friends
It’s not easy to be on the side of peace, when violence fills the streets of Jerusalem – and holy places – yet again. But it’s more important than ever.
- To show that we have not given up
- To show that we support each other
- To show that a movement, around the world, is growing
- To show that people who care about the other can create a more just world
- To tell political leaders that the time has come to solve our conflicts
We know that peace will never come unless more and more peacemakers stand up, make their voices heard, and show that we are committed to change.
This year, a few dozen people stood up for peace.
Next year, let’s make it a few hundred, or even a few thousand.
Don’t have a K4P T-Shirt? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll set you up!
Together, we can #StandUpForPeace – on #PeaceDay, and every day.
Did we miss your photo? Email email@example.com or tag yourself with #k4ptshirt and we’ll add you to the gallery!