– Sharing our sacred objects and learning from each other why they are important.
– Kosher chocolate chip pancakes!
– Sitting and listening to one another with care and intention. Learning how to hear someone else’s pain and to heal together.
– Feeling, firsthand, how frustrating injustice can be via a totally unfair (but super fun!) game.
-Getting letters/emails from mom or dad. Remembering how much our loved ones miss us.
– Taking a quick but much needed nap!
– Making friendship bracelets to share with new friends.
– Recreation time! Soccer, archery, outdoor survival, nature art, or rock climbing!
– Dance and theatre games with Brio Integrated Theatre which helped us find our joy and feel more confident in our own unique selves.
– Laughs and songs over dinner.
– Sharing with the entire Camp Merrowvista summer camp community about what it means to be a peacemaker. We shared our answers to:
– What does friendship have to do with peace?
– Why is it important to be friends with people different from me?
– How is my perspective changing because of Kids4Peace?
That’s the life of a Kids4Peace kid. Weaving in and out of intentional peacebuilding time and just plain having a ton of fun with friends who you never knew you could be friends with.